Quick Rice Salad2017-06-26
A quick and easy salad that’s brought to life with a mustard and garlic dressing!
- 225g brown short-grain rice
- 575ml water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper/capsicum, diced
- 1 red pepper/capsicum, diced
- 1 handful unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Pinch mustard powder
- Pinch demara sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Ground black pepper
Cook the rice in the water for about 30 minutes until just tender and all the water in absorbed. Leave to cool.
Place the rice in a large serving bowl and stir in the tomatoes, green and red pepper and peanuts.
To make the dressing, mix together the vinegar, mustard powder and sugar. Add the oil, garlic, mustard seeds and pepper and mix well. Pour the dressing over the rice and toss.