This Chicken Saronno recipe is from the Cook’n recipe organizer recipe collection.
- 6 chicken breasts,boned,skinned and halved
- Garlic powder
- Curry powder
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms,thickly sliced
- 1/4 c. Amaretto di Saronno
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Patty shells
Cut chicken into 1" wide strips.Sprinkle with salt,pepper,garlic powder and curry powder.Roll strips in flour.
Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet.Brown chicken pieces on all sides.Add mushrooms,Amaretto di Saronno,grated rind and juice.Simmer 5 minutes.
Mix chicken broth and cornstarch.Stir mixture into skillet.Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles and thickens.
Season to taste with salt,if necessary.Spoon mixture into patty shell.Garnish with parsley and diced tomato,if desired.